- YouTube and Twitter provide beaufitul analytics that are easy to screen shot!
- Use a link shortner like bit.ly or goo.gl to track links in sponsored content.
- Social Blue Book This site also gives you an idea of what you should be charging! Super useful! It also give you analytics for multiple social networks including YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, and Vine!
I cannot stress enough how the more info you can provide the more likely you're going to acquire that brand deal. Even if your info is less than what you think it should be, it's very important to include it. You never know what the brand is expecting but they are always expecting you to be honest and straight forward!
Follow-Up: A lot of PR people are super busy and get A LOT of email! If you haven't received a response within a week I would send a follow-up just to make sure they received your email. I wouldn't keep bugging anyone after that. Make sure your follow-up is polite and professional!
Here are some other notes I have when it comes to obtaining brand deals/sponsorships...
- Make sure the brand is something that jives with your channel or personal brand. Anything that doesn't will not sell and it will make you look bad to brands and your fans.
- It's Ok to promote a brand in exchange for for product and no money if you are really passionate about the brand or just getting started.
- It's also OK to ask for a fee! Making videos take a lot of time and work! Don't forget to think about the value of the product you are receiving. (If you get $200 worth of product in exchange for a 1 minute video that's pretty awesome!)
- Don't take it personally when a company turns you down or asks you to come back when you have more followers. Every brand is looking for different things and it is business! They have to think about how much revenue they will generate from you!
- Promoting with an afilliate link is also an awesome thing! I haven't worked with Uniqso in over 8 months and I still see monthly revenue from my affilliate link in my old videos.
- You can also make ads on your blog with your affilliate link! It's a great way to earn some extra $$
- Don't be offended when a company asks you to do a video for free when you've asked for money. Use your best judgement if you want to proceed or not but NEVER feel like you have to! You can always say no!
- When making sponsored content try to be creative! The more creative your video is, the more engaged your audience will be and the better the product will sell!
- When you've finished your sponsored content ALWAYS follow up with the brand. Send them links and if you had a good experience start the conversation about the next time you will work together!
Alright! That was a long post! I hope it helps! if you have any questions feel free to comment or to email me!
Thanks for reading! ヾ(^_^)